Monday, November 7, 2011

Holy Grail

I'm constantly searching for the perfect _____.  You know you are too.  Whatever the holy grail item might be for you, it seems ever out of reach.  Case in point, I am always on the lookout for the perfect travel mug for coffee.  Once upon a time I could have cared less about drinking coffee; I was indifferent to it, but those days have most certainly passed for me.  I love coffee!  I carefully ration myself to two cups (mugs) a day for the most part.  One cup I enjoy over my breakfast in the morning, the other I take with me to work, trying to brighten my daily grind with caffeine.  My only dilemma is the fact that I can't find my perfect java transport device. 

Here is a pictoral chronology of my travel mugs thus far. (not including the ones that were such a p.o.s. that they have already been thrown away)

This one was pretty cheap, but the inside is plastic and it smells funny after having one too many coffees (with cream) left sitting in it for far too long.



This one kept the coffee hot, which I loved, but the lid was a nightmare to get clean.  In fact, I'm not sure that the lid has ever really gotten clean. Eww.



This one was a cheap freebie gift from my work.  It does keep the coffee hot, but the lid isn't very secure.  Plus the metal inside made my coffee taste metallic. 


This one was a gift from my hubby for Christmas last year. It's not too bad; the lid is tight and keeps the liquid in, but the coffee doesn't stay as hot as I'd like it to.



My most current travel mug (I've used it twice now since we bought it on Saturday).  I liked the simple design, and the lid seems like a good fit; but coffee still doesn't stay hot enough.  <Sigh>

So the search continues for the best, easy to clean, keeps my coffee scalding, doesn't leak if turned on its side travel mug ever.  Does it really exist?  Surely it must, but will I be willing to pay the exorbitant price tag attached to my travel mug holy grail?

No comments: