Monday, November 28, 2011

Funk

I feel like I am in a funk. I'm working my butt off to grade student work and return it in a timely manner, but the quality of said work stinks because they don't put forth any real effort. Of course now I'm stereotyping my students. I do have some very bright, hardworking kiddos in my classes, I just wish there were more of them. Someday maybe our country will rethink the education system and reward those who are dedicated to learning.

On a brighter note, Gee gee is starting to verbally communicate more often. Today he said both of his brothers' names and told me "get out please" when he wanted down from his high chair. It is so much fun to watch him grow, but I'm sad that my baby is getting less babyish. Although I won't be too sad to see his tantrums go. He can sure throw a good fit when he wants something. I think his favorite word is "mine!" Hopefully Luke and I will continue to raise him well, so that when he becomes a teenager he'll be one of the bright and dedicated people willing and wanting to learn.

No comments: